We have a new job opening for a Driller/Heavy Equipment Operator in Minneapolis and St. Paul. This position is responsible for safely operating and maintaining company drills. Apply or learn more by clicking here. AAP/EEO Statement Universal Services, Inc....
Work under the direction of the Working Foreman to perform required drill shots in a safe manner while following company safety practices and OSHA requirements.
- Responsible for daily maintenance on truck and boring machine.
- Perform critical care and service to the machine after each use and each day.
- Adhere to ALL manufacturer provided safety operational procedures and industry safety standards.
- Operate the drill and provide training and assistance to coworkers.
- Perform routine labor (potholing, equipment set-up, conduit/duct/cable placement, set pedestals) as required.
- Drive tow vehicle with drill to the jobsite.
- Willingness to cross-train as a bore locator as required.
- Operator will direct others to/or mix bore gel for the machine.
- Prior experience operating drilling equipment required and must work well with others and participate on a crew.
- Must understand utility locate law and compliance procedures.
- Responsibilities include pre-job site survey/inspection to assure all utilities have been located and accounted for, planning the job, assign work tasks to laborers.
- Assure all located utilities that are in the construction path have been pot-holed, assist in other jobsite labor tasks (set pedestals, place pipe/conduit, pull cables, etc).
- Willingness to cross-train to become proficient at operating drill machine.
- Possess experience operating a utility locator, experience in underground utility construction, will accept a leadership role and responsibility for a crew.